Friday 6 May 2011

from one of the first pictures I drew of Sabre to how he is now


wayne hughes comic
 OK so at the top is one of the first pictures I ever drew of Sabre as a fox (originally he was a hedgehog, seeing as everyone my age was a sonic fan in school). There would like a Hewlett influence but honestly I didn't discover tank girl (beyond the crappy film) much later in life. Then I created my first comic around this character (the details of which are below) but when it came to redrawing him after 4 years for a 2nd attempt at practising story telling, I had to update his look. So looked at pictures of foxes, copied a couple and felt I had a grasp of what a fox looked like so I redrew the head with a longer nose, bigger ears and looked at markings to define the various characters. This helped but also the figure and bulk of the character I felt was wrong, so I started to slim him down and looked at creating more of a fusion style character, by really cinching in the waist he looked more agile and athletic but also younger, more an early twenties type guy.

Wayne Hughes comic art
Also I had to lose the cycling shorts,didn't sit right with the character and of course so his boots were clearer (as to not look like an all in one pair of waders) I made them tan and went with the buccaneer look, so it helped make him look like more of an adventurer


Wayne Hughes comic art
Wayne Hughes
Wayne Hughes Comic Art

.

Wayne Hughes Comic artWayne Hughes Comic art

No comments:

Post a Comment