Friday 6 May 2011

Penultimate page of issue 1

not the best anatomy I know but still pleased with this page, everything on here came out as I imagined it. Which I don't think happens often enough.
As this was my first comic I didn't have a light box.Now, thankfully I've made the investment.
At the time I did this I would do thumbnails for the layouts of the panels thinking about timing and text and then I do an A4  rough working out my composition (actually still do these 1st two stages) then I would do a large rough on A3. I remember I was so happy with the rough I had to get it straight onto the board so I drew over every line and then rubbed the back of the page but of course it came out flipped so I did the same thing again to get the final result I wanted. A lot of work but I felt it was worth it in the end.
When inking I tried some dry brushing too in the 3rd panel for the background just to add a bit of variation and experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment