Monday 28 October 2013

Harry Potter Double page spread

wayn hughes

 
Harry Potter (or Hairy Otter as my little girl used to say) is a great franchise and some wonderful characters, films and of course books. My girlfriends a big fan, I never was. But as a cultural exchange she watches every action, sci-fi fantasy and adventure film going for me!
Meanwhile…
On the boards I’ve used over the last couple years is a small section that tells you ‘when making a double page spread cut along the dotted line and tape at the back. However there’s never been call to do it.
So as a celebration of this awakening to the joys of Potter and feelings of ginger camaraderie with Ron, I drew my first double page spread and used this as my excuse.

I did a couple thumb nails, but overall had the idea in my head. Harry one side, Voldemort on the other.
Watching the films, the large Romanian dragon was a highlight for me.
One of the best dragon designs I’ve seen for a long time, so this was my centre piece.

I light boxed the elements to the board.

After finally cutting and pasting the back though!

Then I put in other elements that appealed, Dobby, the school itself and the image of a skull in the clouds

I then used water and flames and the rocks Harry stands on holding the sword as a sort of elemental link.

Still to finish inking this piece but has been so far.


 please remember you can double click to enlarge all images!

thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment