Thursday 17 October 2013

A SOLID WEEK!


In the weeks leading up to Bristol I had begun thinking about a preview book to sell rather than just issue 1 and having pages 1-3 of issue 2 in my portfolio.

So began one of the longest and oddly happiest weeks of my life.

In a week I pencilled, inked pages 4-10, roughed pages 11-16 ,created a cover and a 2 page ad.

Which isn't bad going, if I do say so myself.

Here's the block of pages together. I will hopefully go over each page at a later date in more detail, but for now I want you to see the result of a good weeks work of putting children to bed at 7:30 then working till around 5am before getting up with them again.

In fact it was this very week I first created this blog! :-)

Fortunately my children are very well behaved (most of the time) so the fatigue and irritability was never really issue.
this is some of the ideas I posted on Facebook for a preview cover.

My friend Matt (Muffra) Lucy came up with final used idea.
Here's pages 4-10 and the original preview cover.

 
 this cover was drawn on A4 illustration card, and I was feeling comfortable with a brush so used the ink water as a kind of ink wash.
Was fairly happy at the results. For me though just a nice bit of feathering on his boot made me smile!
This was later bought by a lovely guy (Jatinder Ghataora ) at the very Bristol show this preview issue was made for.
Here's a link to his comic art page.







in another post I'll root out the 2 page ad.
but as you can see, quiet a week!
wayne hughes comic art

No comments:

Post a Comment