Friday 18 October 2013

2 Page ad


 Ok here's the 2 page ad I mentioned yesterday.
Fist a quick rough as I had pre-formulated the idea in my head and wanted to do this as quickly as possible, having just a few hours before I had to take my preview pages to the printers.



went for the 'lock n load' vibe !

Here's where I roughed out some of my lettering. As I said before, I'm a fan of the uber nice Mr Starkings, and used the lettering on the back of his guide to lettering book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Comic-Book-Lettering-The-Comicraft/dp/0974056731/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1382092838&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=richard+starkings+comiccraft
 
wayne hughes comic art illustration
Ad 1
After the preview cover I used the ink wash technique again.

Ad 2
My nod to He-Man (first action figure and comics I ever owned!)
more lettering from Starkings book.
At Bristol that year I met Richard, and did offer to sell him my 'Cows??' font...
would like to say we're still in negotiations but that would be lie! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment