Thursday 17 October 2013

Sabre #2 page 2

wayne hughes comic art


Here on page 2 there’s a bit of a jump back in the story. 8 hours earlier!.. So this follows on from the end of issue 1 and the journey to the temple.

 Really wanted to give a sense of depth on the first panel with Golbre (Sabres grandfather) climbing towards us and sabre tired waiting at the bottom. For the art I used mostly a brush when inking, and a brush pen to really help his grandfather stand out particularly here.

The long panel on the left showing him climbing, then the dragoon waiting at the top, making the most of tiny dragons I’d drawn circling the temple in the distance in that very first book.

The last panel of Sabre shouting up I later had used on my business cards, postcards and had t-shirts made. Originally available to buy on my carrot graphix Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment