Thursday 17 October 2013

SABRE #2 Page 1 1st inking with a brush

wayne hughes comic art illustration

After the joy and success of my very first book, sold around 700 copies at conventions and my local comic shop, Krackers (Bathplace, Taunton). I really wanted to focus on the art side of things this time around and began to take the whole process more seriously.

The first issue being really all about layouts, text allowance and story telling.

So here’s the first page of my 2nd ever attempt at producing a comic. With the character redesigned and appearance tweaked.

Also I went out and acquired sable brushes, dip pens and holders.

Using a brush I found I got a beautiful cursive line that before I was trying replicate through going over a line several time. The more I used the brush the better it became. As you can see on this panel on Sabres’ tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment